Wednesday, November 19, 2014

There's an App for That!



I'm not going to lie, I'm an app junkie.  I download a ton of apps and if they are good I keep them, if they suck they're deleted in about 24 hours.  My favorite apps are fitness ones.  So when I got the chance to a new fitness app called The Fitness Games (or TGF for short) I was super excited.  And I'm also excited to tell you that after 3 weeks, it's still on my phone.  

The app was created by 2 nationally certified trainers.  They created the app so that there would be a fitness tool that is both fun and motivating.  

This app blends 3 things that I love, fitness, gaming (also addicted to Farm Heroes), and Social Media.  You can challenge anyone, anywhere to any type of workout.  You can also post videos and pictures,  Every usr can create their own workout or choose from the 50+ already made workouts.  You can challeneg yourself, a friend, or someone random.  There are 4 different types of workouts; cardio, strength, full body, and cross training.  You can level up and unlock more workouts.  All the workouts you perform are tracked and saved so you can see your progress over time.  

I know alot of people love to take their "selfies" at the gym.  There's a Gym Selfie button!  

With the holidays (and winter in general) coming up, this app is great.  You can workout no matter where you are.  Stuck inside during a snowstorm?  Open TGF and pick a challenge!  Too busy Christmas shopping to goto the gym?  After you get home, open TGF and pick a challenge!  Thanksgiving morning?  Pick a challenge!    

Here are some screen shots.







What are your favorite types of apps?  Does this seem like something you'd be interested in?


 I received the opportunity to review The Fitness Games App through my ambassadorship with Fit Approach. I received the Platinum version of the app to review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment