Thursday, August 15, 2019

Barefoot Is Best



I hate shoes.  {I do love a cute pair of heels though}  I try and avoid any shoes whenever possible.  I call them "foot jails".  I only wear them because I have to or, it's cold.  If I wear tennis shoes for too long then my feet swell, my legs hurt, I'm just a mess.  

Did you know that there have been many studies done that show that humans were not meant to wear shoes and we are actually doing more DAMAGE to ourselves by wearing them?

These following facts are from an article title "You Walk Wrong" by Adam Sternbergh published in 2008.  Click to read the entire article

  • They change the way you walk.
  • “Natural gait is biomechanically impossible for any shoe-wearing person,” wrote Dr. William A. Rossi in a 1999 article in Podiatry Management. 
  • If you wear high heels for a long time, your tendons shorten—and then it’s only comfortable for you to wear high heels
  • We’ve come to believe that shoes, not bare feet, are natural and comfortable, when in fact wearing shoes simply creates the need for wearing shoes.
  • More people are injured wearing expensive running shoes than people who ran in hard shoes

Are you an avid shoe wearer or do you prefer to go barefoot?


No comments:

Post a Comment