Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Polar V800 Review

I'm completely obsessed with my Polar products.  Ever since I was given the FT4 for Christmas a few years ago {after begging and pleading for one}, I became hooked.  

Recently, I got the Polar V800.  I LOVE THIS WATCH! Seriously, I couldn't be more excited about it.  I wear it all the time.  




The V800 has a ton of awesome features.

MultiSport Profiles
There are a bunch of sports to choose from.  Right now my watch has 
  • Circuit Training
  • Strength Training
  • Running
  • Cycling
  • Other Outdoor
  • Other Indoor
  • Triathalon
  • Swimming
  • Free Multisport
  • Kayaking
  • Walking
  • Group Exercise
And I don't even have half of them loaded onto my watch!  This helps me keep track of what I'm doing.  Honestly I only use 5 of them 99% of the time.  But, it's nice to know that whatever I want to track, I can.

GPS
When you are using the running, cycling, walking and a few other sport profiles your watch will use the built in GPS to track how far you've gone.  I love it.  It's so much easier then mapping my route later.

Waterproof
Not only is it waterproof, the unit works underwater.  You can go swimming, snorkeling, or do anything else that involves your chest getting wet.  I like to use it when I'm swimming.

24/7 Tracking
The V800 tracks your steps, the hours you slept (and how many of them were restless), how many hours you were active, your calorie count for the day, among other things.  Plus, it yells at you when you have been inactive for too long!

Training Benefits
After each training session it will tell you what the benefits of it is.  

Training Load & Recovery
Along the with training benefits the V800 also tells you if you're undertraining, over training or if your training is balanced.  Depending on how hard you worked it will reccommend how long you should rest before exercising again.

Polar Flow
You can upload all your training data to either the Polar Flow app, or Polar Sync (internet based).  Before I had this I had to manually enter everything from my watch to the diet and exercise site I used at the time.  


Finally, MY FAVORITE FEATURE............






RECHARGEABLE BATTERY!!!!
Yes folks, unlike the FT4 (and many other before this), the watch is rechargeable.  But don't worry! The time between charges is pretty good.  14 hours in training time, 50 hours in low power GPS mode or 30 days in time mode with 24/7 activity monitoring.  I use it for a combination and my watch lasts about 10 days before needing to be recharged.  It's never died on me.
 
Do you use a heart rate moniter?  What's your favorite brand and why?


2 comments:

  1. Hi! Good review Is there any such thing as a reliable HR monitor without the chest strap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! Actually Polar just came out with a new monitor that doesn't require the chest strap. It's the A360 and it's supposed to be really good. http://www.polar.com/us-en/products/sport/A360

      Delete