Freekah Foods sent me their Rosemary Sage and Original flavors. We tasted the Rosemary Sage by itself and it was excellent. The girls really enjoyed it. I had a hard time at first deciding what to do with the Original. It's so versitile, there are so many options!
I decided to make a Quesadilla Burrito Cheesy Freekah.
Quesadilla Burrito Cheesy Freekah
1 packages Freekah
2.5 cups vegetable broth
1 onion, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 can reduced sodium red beans
8 oz shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook freekah according to package directions using broth instead of water
- While the freekah is cooking saute onions and mushrooms
- Drain and rinse beans
- Combine mushrooms, onions, beans, and freekah
- Place half the freekah mix in an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan. Top with half the shredded cheese, and repeat with remaing freekah and cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and brown.
Wanna hear something better? I'm giving away 1 package of freekah! You can choose either original, rosemary sage, or tamari. In order to be entered like Freekah Foods on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram then let me know you've done it and what flavor you would choose if you won. I will choose the winner on September 18th!