Saturday, March 5, 2016

To Market, To Market




To market, to market to buy a fat pig whatever you want.  One of the rules of shopping healthy is to never shop hungry.  We all know that sometimes that's unavoidable.  You get off of work late, you get stuck in traffic, your kids' activities run over and you're starving.  Things happen.  What can be avoided is buying a snack that is unhealthy.  

Here is my list of the best snacks to pick up when you need something munchy at the grocery store.

  • Fruit -- Berries are best but, whatever fruit you like is okay.
  • Vegetables -- Whatever kind you like.
  • Popcorn -- Get the plain, unbuttered, kind. 
  • Nuts -- Make sure to get the single serving bag.  Nuts are high in calories and fat and it's very easy to eat too many.
  • Single serving baguette -- If you are in need of something carby go for a single serving roll.  The Walmart by my house sells them and the girls and Ken love to get one when we go.
  • Beef Jerky -- Just check the sodium content.  A lot of these are very salty.

I personally pick up a container of blueberries or raspberries.  I love them because they are "pop-able".  I can pick them up and pop them in my mouth like you would with popcorn or chips.  What do you pick up when you are in the grocery store and need a snack?  Do you get something that I don't have on my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment