Monday, June 25, 2018

I am the Hippo


See the resemblance?
No?
It's okay, neither do I.

Hippos are my favorite animal.  My second favorite is the giraffe but, that's a different post.  I love hippos.  I could even go as far as to call them my power animal.

I feel like people get the wrong idea when I tell them that if I were an animal I'd be a hippo.  Do I view myself as a 6,500 pound beast?  No, I don't.  Here's a few reasons why I relate with hippos.

  • They eat around 80 pounds of grass a nite -- I think I could eat that many vegetables a nite.  An 80 pound salad sounds amazing!
  • They run fast for short periods -- I HATE running.  I'm horrible at running,  I do sprints on the treadmill occasionally but, for the most part, I stay far, far away from anything that has to do with runnning
And they #1 reason why I relate to them is that they spend up to 16 hours a day in the watter.  I love being in the or near water.  That's a big reason why I lived in a beachfront community for so long.

As long as I can remember, water has soothed me.  When summer comes around I am so happy.  I have a reason to be at the pool or beach all day.  

So, when one of my clients mentioned he was selling his stand up paddleboard I was more than happy to take it off his hands.  I am really excited to start using it.  Did you know that you can burn 300-700 calories paddling? 

I have no clue how hippos and paddleboards relate.  But I do know that they are amazing creatures and paddleboards are amazing things.  How do you feel about hippos?  Have you ever been SUPing?

No comments:

Post a Comment