Monday, October 1, 2018

Finding Balance


Balance is something I'm having difficulty with the past week.

Balancing my work
Balancing my emotions
Balancing my budge
Balancing my kids

BALANCING EVERYTHING

Sometimes I feel like the Cat in the Hat.


I have recently hit my biggest snag yet.  I am having a hard time balancing my extra training and proper nutrition.  Why am I training extra?

I have been wanting to do an aquabike race for about a year.  {An aquabike is a triathalon without the run}  I decided that I wasn't going to wait for a race to come around.  I decided that I was going to do my own.  This was a personal challenge so, why not just run my own race?  

I set the goal date of October 20th.  I started adding an extra hour of training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Those days I would swim about 1.25 miles.  Tuesday and Thursday I would do a quick strength workout and then bike at the gym in the mornings for an hour.  Since I started this I have been hungry ALL THE TIME. 

The first week I could not control myself.  Nothing in the house was off limits.

This week I got a bit better.  I also stocked the fridge and pantry with good, semi-healthy stuff.

Walmart sells bags of apples this time of year.  Every week the variety of apple changes but, they are cute, and littlem and 98 cents a pound.  We buy atleast one a week.  

I also bought:
Hummus
Vegetables
Applesauce
Raisins
Yogurt
Nuts

No matter where I turned there was something healthy-ish to snack on.  

Next week I plan on cutting back on the carbs so that I don't feel as heavy all the time.  

Have you ever trainined for a long race?  How did you handle balance?  How did you do in your race?

No comments:

Post a Comment