Monday, October 15, 2018

Salad and Smoothie Round Up Round Up

For the past few days my stomach hasn't been the greatest.  My last post I told you I was trying to start controlling my eating due to the added training.  This has finally caught up with me.  My stomach has decided it does not enjoy being a trash can, shoving whatever I could find to eat into it. 

For the next week I'm going to stick to smoothies and salads.  I actually really enjoy salads.  You can add almost anything into them.  My fall favorite has romaine, roasted sweet potatoes, mushrooms, onions, and sunflower seeds.  Smoothies are just as versatile as salads. You can stick almost any fruit and even some veggies into them.  My favorite smoothie is yogurt or protein powder (depending on which I have), raspberries, a banana, and spinach.  I used to put chia seeds in it but I got aggravated with them being stuck in my teeth for the rest of the day.  If you can find a way to keep them from annoying you then they are a really great thing to add.

Since I am the type of person they doesn't really think out her smoothies and salads I have found some great salad roundups and rounded them up for you.



Smoothie Recipe Roundups

Diabetes Daily -- Recipe Roundup: Smoothies

Jessica Gavin -- Roundup: Healthy Smoothie Recipes

Meghan Telpner -- Shake-up Showdown

The Daily Meal -- 10 Smoothie Recipes So Easy (and Good) You'll Never Skip Breakfast Again

Hungry Hobby -- 18 Unique & Delicious Protein Smoothies




Salad Recipe Roundups


Jessica Gaven -- 15 Summer Salad Recipes

Joyful Healthy Eats -- Summer Salad Roundup

Meal Planning Magic -- Leafy Greens Salad Recipe Roundup

Rachael Ray Mag -- 5 Grilled Salad Recipes

Kudos Kitchen -- Sensational Salad Recipe Roundup 


Do you plan out your salads or just pick up whatever looks good?  

No comments:

Post a Comment