Friday, November 23, 2018

My big adventure


Swim

        So, I got to the LA Fitness as soon as they opened at 5 on Wednesday.  I headed straight for the pool.  My swim took me 1 hour and 1 minute.  {Side note:  Are my bikini bottoms cute??  My other ones died and I picked these up for $1 at Hot Topic}



        I had a few issues my first 8 and last 8 laps.  {There were 40 laps total}  During lap 7 I had goggle and hair issues.  My goggles fogged up so, I wiped them off and when I put them back on they started digging into my eyes and filling up with water.  I had to stop a few times to fix them.  Then my hair came out and I had to redo it.  During the last 8 laps I have having issues breathing.  I started coughing a few times and had to stop.  I think that I actually swam for 55 minutes.  I'm happy with that.  

Bike



        The bike ride was interesting.  We left the house later than I wanted and we hit traffic.  It took us about 2 hours to get out to bike rental place. I found this trail online, The West Orange Trail, in Winter Garden.  It's 24 miles each direction.  I refuse to ride on the street and I like being able to ride without worrying. And, added bonus, there's a bike rental at the start of the trail.   We got started on our ride at about 1:30.  The rental place closed at 5 so, we had 3.5 hours to finish the 56 miles.  
        The trail goes thru downtown Winter Garden.  This part of the trail is very poorly marked.  We (Kaylee, Mo, and I) took a wrong turn and spent 20ish minutes finding our way back to the trail.  
       

        I failed at biking the 56 miles.  We made it 23.  It took us 2 hours and 51 minutes.  Even tho I didn't complete the half iron distance, I DID complete an Olympic length.  1.5 km (.93 mile) swim and 40 km (25m) bike.    I know that I didn't train well enough, I know I should have done things differently.  But, I'm okay with what I did do.  Before I start training again I'm going to buy myself an actual bike and ride outside.  I think that that will make things better.  

     I will definitely be trying this again.  Next time I think I will find an ACTUAL race to do.  






No comments:

Post a Comment