Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pancakes!!!

I love food.  Plain and simple.  I love eating food, I love cooking food, I even love THINKING about food.  Before I started The Fit Beach Babe I was {and still am} The Fat Free Queen.  It's a fat free food blog for people who have issues with fat due to gallbladder removal or even if they are just trying to watch thier intake.  

With that being said, the hardest thing about preparing for this competition is the lack of variety in my diet.  Fish and veggie but only CERTAIN veggies, fish and carbs but only CERTAIN carbs.  Day in and day out.....UGH!  So, when I find a way to turn my boring meal into something different, I jump at the chance.  

If you've been following me on Instagram you've seen that I have been playing around with a pancake recipe.  It took me 3 tries before I got it right.  It's 2 ingredients and you can add whatever you'd like to it.  I keep mine really simple with cinnamon.


2 ingredient Oatmeal Pancakes

1 cup of cooked oatmeal
.25 cup egg whites/egg substitute
Seasoning of your choice

  1. Stir together the egg and oatmeal.  
  2. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and heat over med-high or high
  3. Place half the batter in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes , flip then cook for another 4-6 minutes
  4. Repeat with other half of the batter
See?  Simple!  It takes about 20 minutes to make.  You could even make these when you meal prep and just heat them up in the morning.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this. I'm not a big fan of traditional oatmeal. This sounds like something I can do. And it's super easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete