The theme for this month is:
A Spirited ReDux
From plain Jane vanilla extract to fancy-pants elderflower liqueur, we like to keep a little liquor in the kitchen. Show us how you like to cook, bake or mix-it-up with spirits, extracts and other alcohols. A splash of vodka makes summer sauces shine – and liqueurs brighten desserts: What’s your healthy recipe with spirit?"
The delicious dinner Ken made me for my birthday fit the bill perfectly.
Shrimp and Lobster with Zucchini Noodles
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
.5 cup white wine, divided
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (we used extra large but medium is fine too)
2 lobster tails, chopped
1 sprig of rosemary
2 medium zucchini, spiral sliced into noodles
1 tomato, chopped
- Saute onions and garlic until soft
- Add .25 cup wine, shrimp, lobster, and rosemary
- Bring to a boil and simmer until shrimp and lobster are done. Set aside.
- Separately saute zucchini noodles
- When zucchini is almost done to your liking add the shrimp mixture, and tomatoes and gently toss together.
- Add wine and saute until wine reduces a bit and tomatoes are tender.
The best thing about this dish is that it isn't TOO much of a cheat. It's nice and light and calorically won't break the bank. Enjoy!