Monday, June 23, 2014

Confession

I want to make some confessions.  


  1. Before I got sick I was a peanut butter addict.  It was not uncommon for me to have a bowl of peanut butter mixed with a huge scoop of jelly for lunch.  Unhealthy?  Yes.  Delicious?  Yes.  Regrets?  None.
  2. I love to bake.  I really would love to open a low-fat, clean eating bakery.
  3. Kaylee won't eat anything before practice in the morning except for granola bars.
Remember on Thursday I told you abot how I was in love with Jif Whips?  Well, I found the perfect way to use them.  In granola bars!  These granola bars are so simple.  They take 10 minutes to whip up and 30 minutes in the oven.  I love them because they are chocolatey without having any actually chocolate.  The sugars a little high but, I think most of that is the natural sugar from the honey.  I recalculated the recipe using sugar free syrup instead of honey and blueberry syrup and it brought the sugar down to  7.6 and the carbs to 30.5.

These are a good breakfast, or a cheat treat.  Best of all you know everything that's in them.    



Chocolate Granola Bars

Ingredients
2.5 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 cup Jif Whipped Chocolate Peanut Butter
.25 cup honey
.33 cup lite blueberry syrup (or more honey)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. In a large bowl combine oatmeal and raisins
  3. In a separate bowl combine peanut butter, honey and syrup
  4. Pour peanut butter mixture into oatmeal mixture and throughly combine
  5. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with foil or parchement and spread oatmeal mix making sure it's even and flat
  6. Bake for 25-35 minutes
  7. Cool for 20 minutes then put it in the fridge to finish cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment