Monday, June 30, 2014

If It Fits

Ever heard this term?



It's a way of eating that allows you to eat what you want as long as it fits into your daily limit of fat, carbs, calories and protein.  I'm honestly on the fence about this.  Do I think it's okay to eat a Big Mac just because it fits your macros?  No.  Is it okay to allow yourself a cookie or granola bar {homemade of course!  Check out my recipe HERE}?  Yes.   

When I looked at my approved food list for this months diet I realized something.  The approved foods combined to make FAJITAS!!!  I love finding normal dishes that I can alter to be Bikini Approved.  

If I had been making this for the whole family I would have bought tortillas but, since it was just me eating it I decided to skip the tortillas and make it into a salad.  Oddly, I think I prefer making it into a salad.  

The nutritional information posted for this recipe is without the sour cream and salsa.
This is before I added the sour cream and salsa



Shrimp Fajitas
Serves 1 
Calories - 170
Fat - 2.4
Carbs - 8.9
Protein - 27

Ingredients
4.5 oz shrimp
1 T minced garlic
1-2 t chili powder
.5 medium onion, sliced
.5 bell pepper (any color), sliced
Sour cream, cheese, and salsa (optional)
Whole wheat tortilla (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Toss shrimp with the garlic and chili powder and lay on a sheet pan greased with pan spray
  3. Roast shrimp for 15-25 minutes (until done)
  4. While shrimp are roasting heat a medium skillet and saute onions and peppers until soft.  (use pan spray to grease skillet and if they start to stick add a bit of water) 
  5. Place shrimp, onions and peppers on tortilla and top with sour cream and salsa.

You can also substitute the sour cream for Greek yogurt to make it even healthier.  

What do you think about the IIFYM way of eating?  Do you follow it?

No comments:

Post a Comment