Friday, August 1, 2014

August 1st Progress

Happy August everybody!  And happy Friday!  As of today it's been 18 days since I've seen my girls.  I miss them so much!  This is the longest I've been away from them ever and last Saturday it really started to take a toll on me.  Since then I've been nauseous, barely wanting to eat, my stomach turns at the thought of raw vegetables or protein, and I have seriously been craving bread.  After typing up all my symptoms I know what y'all are going to think and NO! I'm not pregnant.

Some of the physical symptoms of depression are:
  • Headaches
  • Back pain
  • Chest pain
  • Digestive problems (nausea)
  • Exhaustion or fatigue
  • Sleeping problems
  • Change in appetite (carb cravings)
  • Dizziness or lightheadedness

Most people crave their carbs in the way of cookies and cake.  But, since I've been fat free for over 2 years and haven't been able to eat them my carb craving is bread. 

But, I've basically holed myself up in the house all week except to goto the gym and run some errands.  Luckily I get to see my girls in under 36 hours.  We leave for South Carolina in the morning!  {We figured the easiest way to make the switch was at the halfway point between my parents and I.  That way no one has to make the 12 hour drive}

Diet
Horrible!  Besides my morning oatmeal and other scheduled complex carbs I've been living off of protein shakes, green beans and spinach {both cooked.}  In order to curb my cravings {they were so bad that all I could think about all day was bread....it was like I imagine a crack addict feels like}, I have allowed myself a low-carb whole wheat tortilla with PB2 each nite, which is TOTALLY NOT on my plan.  

Workouts
You might wanna call the cops because I've KILLED each of my workouts this week.  After seeing my back progression from the past 2 weeks I've fallen in love with back day.  Back day and leg day are my 2 favorite days.  Since I've been adding my tortilla at nite I've also started adding extra cardio time.  {Note:  In general, it's not healthy to believe that you can eat whatever you want and then just workout extra hard the next day.}  


So, last weekend I went to the competition to check out who I might be competing against in October.  Going to the show gave me a boost of confidence in myself.  There weren't many competitors.  I think the bikini division had like 4.  



Please pardon the horrible pictures.  My camera did NOT like the lighting at all.  But, you see the guy in the yellow shorts?  Ken was amazed with this guy because he made posing look effortless.  Every other guy seemed to be working and straining to pose correctly.   This guy?  Just like a model, no effort required. I really hope my posing looks as easy as his does.

It's kind of sad that there's no link up this month with Jen at JVKom.com.  But, Farrah from FairyBurger has nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  I'm so honored that someone finds me inspirational!  Watch for this post on Sunday.

Oh wait!  Progress pictures.  I'm so off today.  I almost left without posting them.  I'm not as impressed with my changes as I thought I would be.  Is it weird that I try not to really look at my muscles in the mirror until Fridays?  I kind of want to be surprised with how I've changed.  








How do your emotions affect you?  

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked your blood pressure? Have you had blood work done? I totally understand that stress can do weird things to your body. But just make sure it's not health related. My hypertension came out of nowhere almost two years ago. So glad you are feeling more confident after the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't yet. I know I need to. I check my blood pressure when I goto the grocery store but I haven't had blood work done in a few years.

      Delete